Having clinched the fourth seed in the post season tournament, after winning nine of their final 12 Mid-American Conference games of the season, members of the Ohio softball team received some recognition on Tuesday afternoon.

Five Bobcats were named to an All-MAC team, with catcher Lauren Gellerman receiving the highest honors of being named to First Team All-MAC.

Gellerman batted .336 on the season, with nine doubles, a team-high 45 runs batted in and 13 home runs, which is the Ohio single-season record. She also led the team in slugging percentage .664, as she was the leader of the Bobcat offense the entire season.

Other Bobcats receiving honors were shortstop Alexis Joseph, first baseman Raven King, centerfielder Jillian Van Wagnen and pitcher Lauren McClary. All were named to the Second Team All-MAC, with McClary also being named to the All-Freshman Team.

King was also a major force in the powerful Ohio offense all season, as she tied Gellerman with 13 home runs. She also was one of only two players to play in all 55 games this season.

Though just a freshman, McClary (17-15) had a record-breaking season in the circle for Ohio. She broke the single-season strikeout record (198), pitched in over 200 innings and posted an earned run average of only 3.32.

Joseph was named to the second team for the second consecutive season, as her career in the Green and White is coming to a close. While fellow senior Van Wagnen received her first ever All-MAC honors for her play.

Ball State was the only school that had more players receive All-MAC honors.

The Bobcats will next compete in MAC Tournament play at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, when they will face the winner of Toledo and Western Michigan.

First Team All-MAC

C- Lauren Gellerman (Junior)

Second Team All-MAC

1B- Raven King (Sophomore)

SS- Alexis Joseph (Senior)

OF- Jillian Van Wagnen (Senior)

P- Lauren McClary (Fresh.)

All-Freshman Team

P- Lauren McClary

cl027410@ohiou.edu