Ohio continues to receive its much-deserved recognition from the Mid-American Conference, as the Bobcats (11-3) swept this week’s MAC East awards.

Junior outfielder Alyssa Wolfe was named the MAC East player of the week, following four hits at this past weekend’s University of Tennessee-Chattanooga Frost Classic. Two of her hits came by the long ball, which were her first of her career.

Wolfe also recorded five RBIs and scored four times in the tournament.

Also receiving honors this week was sophomore pitcher Lauren McClary (4-1), who earned a pair of victories and struck out six batters on the weekend.

McClary began the tournament with a complete-game shut out Friday against North Carolina Central, in which she struck out six batters in the five-inning game. Her other victory came in relief against Boston College, which she held to just two hits in 4.2 innings pitched.

Wolfe and McClary are the third and fourth Bobcats to be receive MAC East weekly accolades this season, as freshman pitcher Savannah Jo Dorsey and senior catcher Lauren Gellerman have also earned the honors.

Ohio is off to its best start to a season since also beginning 11-3 in 1994. The Bobcats will not play this weekend and remain inactive until the first week of March, when they travel to Seattle, Wash.

cl027410@ohiou.edu