After being hired two weeks ago, Ohio women’s basketball coach Bob Boldon added the third member to his staff Thursday.

Boldon, who spent the previous three seasons at the helm of Youngstown State, announced last week that two of his assistants would be making the move with him to Athens — Tavares Jackson and Kate Schrader.

A week after Jackson and Schrader joined the Bobcats’ staff, Marry Perry Evans will also remain part of Boldon’s staff after coaching with the Penguins last season.

"Much like Tavares (Jackson) and Kate (Schrader), we ask all of our coaches to teach and recruit," Boldon said in a press release. "She does those two things very well. She has a great understanding of what we're trying to accomplish both offensively and defensively.”

Evans has 10 years of experience coaching at the Division I level, including stops at her alma mater Georgia Southern University and Seton Hall, for stints of five and four seasons, respectively.

Last year at Youngstown State, Boldon, Jackson, Schrader and Evans led the Penguins (23-10) to their best record in 15 seasons, while also earning a bid in the Women’s National Invitation Tournament.

“I'm really excited to still be a part of this staff,” Evans said in a press release. “We had a really great year last season and had a good time with each other. It's very exciting for us to be here. I know a lot about Ohio and about how we're part of a great conference in the MAC.”

The Bobcats (6-23) did not achieve the same success as the Penguins during the 2012-13 campaign, as they finished with the program’s worst-ever Mid-American Conference record of 1-15.

cl027410@ohiou.edu