Despite a disappointing Mid-American Conference campaign thus far, Ohio can boast that it still has not been swept this season.

The Bobcats staved off the broom after dropping the first two games of a series on the road against Buffalo with a 4-3 victory on Sunday.

Ohio was led by another strong pitching performance from freshman Connor Sitz, who after struggling to adjust to college offenses earlier in the season, has found his groove as the Sunday starter for the Bobcats. He now has four consecutive starts without allowing more than three earned runs.

On Sunday, he pitched 6.1 innings, surrendering three runs, none of which were earned, on five hits and one walk.

Offense was hard to come by until the third inning, when left fielder Chandler Geller led off the inning with a double down the right field line. After a sacrifice bunt by Tyler Wells, Geller came around to score on a Nate Squires single.

Squires then found his way home by way of a double by first baseman Jake Madsen.

The Bulls countered in the fifth, scoring on an error by third baseman Ben Otto and an RBI groundout by Buffalo freshman Tyler Mautner.

Two innings later, Ohio regained the lead on a single by center fielder Tyler Wells that scored Scott White, who had reached on an error earlier in the inning.

Buffalo tied it again in the bottom of the eighth, but Ohio took the lead for good in the top of the ninth, as they put runners on second and third with no outs.

Geller then hit a liner to left field that was deep enough to score Otto from third and gave the Bobcats a one run advantage that reliever Logan Cozart held on to in a 1-2-3 bottom of the ninth.

The Bobcats return to action on Tuesday when they travel to Dayton University to take on the Flyers.

ch203310@ohiou.edu