Ohio (4-11) vs. SBU (3-8) — Game 2:

Ohio's starting lineup and batting order: 10 CF Mitch Longo, 7 2B Garrett Black, 32 DH Jake Madsen, 28 RF Scott White, 23 1B John Adryan, 22 3B Austin Reiman, 5 C Nick Bredeson, 2 SS Ty Black, 1 LF Connor Callery, 

31 SP Connor Sitz

First Inning:

Top: The Bonnies were able to put together one base hit, but Andy Lalonde was caught stealing by the Bobcats. A strikeout by Sitz ended the inning.

0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors and 0 left on base

Bottom: Madsen hit a base hit in the infield grass, but the next batter, White, grounded into a fielder's choice.

0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors, and 1 left on base

Second Inning: Ohio 0, St. Bonaventure 0

Top: Joel Rosencrance hit a double to center field, then a base hit by Brian Weightman moved him to third. An RBI single by Ryan Cox scored Rosencrance. Then, an apparent out caught by G. Black was disallowed because of catchers interference. Sitz struck out Tommy Styn with the bases loaded and one out, before forcing the Bonnies to pop-out into the infield, ending the inning.

1 run, 3 hits, 1 error and 3 left on base

Bottom: Adryan hit a base hit to right field, before getting thrown out on a tag-up on a foul ball hit by Reiman.

0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors, 0 left on base

Third Inning: Ohio 0, St. Bonaventure 1

Top: A ball popped into the infield was dropped by T. Black near second base, allowing Dylan Dunn to advance to first base for the Bonnies. A 3-6-3 double-play on a groundball to first ended the inning.

0 runs, 0 hits, 1 error and 0 left on base

Bottom: Callery hit a base hit to left field, advancing to second on an error by the Bonnies' Jonathan Diaz in left field. A walk by Longo and a grounder to second by G. Black advanced Callery to third. A line-drive out to shortstop by Madsen ended the inning.

0 runs, 1 hit, 1 error and 2 left on base

Fourth Inning: Ohio 0, St. Bonaventure 1

Top: Ohio retired the Bonnies in order.

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors and 0 left on base

Bottom: Ohio's first two batters were retired, including a strikeout by Adryan, before Reiman roped one up the middle for a base hit. Bredeson was hit in the hand by a pitch, advancing Reiman to second. an RBI double by T. Black scored Rieman, and advanced Bredeson to third. The next batter, Callery, grounded out to end the inning.

1 run, 2 hits, 0 errors and 2 left on base

Fifth Inning: Ohio 1, St. Bonaventure 1

Top: For the Bonnies, Jonathan Diaz opened the inning with a double to left field. A fly out by the Bonnies advanced Diaz to third, then a double to center field scored him, breaking the tie. Thad Johnson scored from second on an RBI double by Dylan Dunn. The next batter, Joel Rosencrance, hit a deep ball to center, reached second and helped score Dunn.

3 runs, 4 hits, 0 errors and 1 left on base

Bottom: Longo led the inning by hitting an inside-the-park home run, with the help of a Bonnies' over-throw.

1 run, 1 hit, 1 error and 0 left on base

Sixth Inning: Ohio 2, St. Bonaventure 4

Top: P Nick Nauracy starts the inning, replacing starter Connor Sitz. Bonnies' Weightman was walked and on the next pitch stole second base. A wild pitch by Nauracy advanced the Bonnies' baserunner to third. The next batter was hit by a pitch out of the hands of Nauracy, loading the bases for St. Bonaventure. Nauracy was then replaced by P Jeremy Cronk, after allowing the first three batters to reach base. The Bonnies then grounded into a double play, but scored one run from third on the play. They then added one more run on an RBI base hit with a runner on third. Cronk recorded a strike out to end the inning.

2 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors and 2 left on base.

Bottom: Bredeson and T. Black reached base, but the Bobcats were retired before being able to score.

0 runs, 0 hits, 0 errors, 2 left on base

Seventh Inning: Ohio 2, St. Bonaventure 6

Top: Dylan Dunn leads off the inning with a home run to left field. One batter later, Logan Cozart summons the mound to pitch for the Bobcats.

1 run, 1 hit, 0 errors and 1 left on base

Bottom: Madsen hit a base hit to center, then stole second base. White was walked, and then Adryan was hit by the next pitch, loading the bases. Rieman then lined-out to second, ending the inning.

0 runs, 1 hit, 0 errors and 3 left on base

Eighth Inning: Ohio 2, St. Bonaventure 7

Top: Jonathan Diaz doubles for the Bonnies, then Styn grounded out to first, advancing Diaz to third. Diaz then scored on a base hit to center field. P Corey Wells entered the game for the Bobcats. Tyler Bell then hit a double to deep center, advancing the Bonnies' baserunner to third. Thad Johnson scored from third on the next pitch, on an RBI sacrifice fly with one out. Longo looked to hurt his wrist on a diving attempt at a fly ball.

Bottom: The Bobcats were retired in order.

Ninth Inning: Ohio 2, St. Bonaventure 10

Top: After batters were able to reach first and third, P Tony Winters entered the game to pitch for Ohio. The Bonnies added four more runs in the inning.

4 runs, 3 hits, 0 errors, 2 left on base

Bottom: Ohio tacked on one more run, but was unable to march a comeback.

1 run, 1 hit, 0 errors, 3 left on base

Final: Ohio 3, St. Bonaventure 14

St. Bonaventure   010  032  134  — 14 17 2

Ohio                        000  110  001   — 3 9 2

Reactions:

"Today we were very uncompetitive in just about every phase of the game. It was a lot of factors with a lot of dissapointing scenarios that occured." — Coach Rob Smith on the team's 11 run loss

"This weekend was a tough one to swallow, nothing seemed to go our way." — First Baseman John Adryan on today's loss

"I don't know what (Longo's) status is, he jammed his wrist, that's what we initially thought it was." — Smith on CF Mitch Longo's status after getting hurt in the eighth inning

Up Next:

Ohio (4-12) will head to Cincinnati to face Xavier Tuesday, before coming home to host Central Michigan in a three-game homestand.