Coach Jodi Hermanek has said over the last month that the Bobcats have been ready to begin their second phase of their season: Mid-American Conference play.

Ohio got off to the perfect start Friday afternoon as it brought out its brooms and swept Eastern Michigan in its conference openers.

The offensive firepower bombarded the Eagles in both games, as Ohio won 14-4 in the first game, and followed up with a 12-4 win in the latter.

In the first contest, the Bobcats put five runs on the scoreboard by the second inning, and finished the outing with an impressive 17 total hits.

The second game was nearly a mirror image of the first, as the Bobcats finished with 16 hits Ohio’s momentum carried over into the second game as it put up six runs in the first inning alone.

But as effective as their offense was, the Bobcats were also impressive defensively and on the mound. Sophomore pitcher Savannah Jo Dorsey threw a complete game in the opener with 13 strikeouts. Junior pitcher Lauren McClary followed up the next game with six fans in six innings.

The doubleheader was originally scheduled at Eastern Michigan, but it was moved to the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor.

Ohio will continue its tour through Michigan with two more games away at Central Michigan this weekend. The Bobcats play at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday and 1:00 p.m. on Sunday against the Chippewas.