Ohio's starting lineup and batting order: SS 7 Garrett Black, LF 14 Chandler Geller, RF 32 Jake Madsen, CF 4 Tyler Wells, 1B 23 John Adryan, DH 41 Taylor Emody, 3B 2 Ty Black, C 5 Nick Bredeson, 2B 16 Tyler Finkler, 

SP 31 Connor Sitz

RP Gerry Salisbury

RP Sean Kennedy

RP Logan Cozart

CP Corey Wells

First Inning

Top: EMU 2B John Rubino doubled to left field, then the next batter, 1B Lee Longo, scored Rubino on a single to center. Only one run scored in the inning.

Bottom: Three up and three down for the Ohio batters.

Second Inning: Ohio 0, Eastern Michigan 1

Top: The batters were retired in order for the Bobcats. No runs scored on zero hits.

Bottom: Adryan, the second batter of the inning, singled to right field between the outfielders. Nothing ensued as the next two batters were retired in order.

Third Inning: Ohio 0, Eastern Michigan 1

Top: Sam Ott doubled to center field to lead off the inning. Two batters later, Lee Longo reached second on an error at first base by Adryan. Ott moved to third on the play. EMU C Adam Sonabend scored Ott on a ground out to first. One runner was stranded in scoring position to end the inning.

Bottom: G. Black reached base on a walk, nothing else occurred for the Bobcat hitters in the inning.

Fourth Inning: Ohio 0, Eastern Michigan 2

Top: One batter reached base, but no runs were scored.

Bottom: Madsen led the inning off with a single to center field, he advanced to second base on a steal one batter latter. Taylor Emody hit a grounder to short stop, which was thrown over the head of the first baseman, scoring Madsen. The next hitter, T. Black, hit a double to left field, advancing Emody to third. The next batter grounded out to second.

Fifth Inning: Ohio 1, Eastern Michigan 2

Top: EMU 2B John Rubino singled up the middle, and advanced to third base on an error on the pickoff attempt by Sitz. L. Longo was hit by the next pitch. Sitz got out of the inning with no damage done on the next batter.

Bottom: Three up and three down for EMU's fielders.

Sixth Inning: Ohio 1, Eastern Michigan 2

Top: With two outs, Sitz walked two straight batters. LHP Gerry Salisbury replaced Sitz immediately following the walks. The next batter lined one to left center field, scoring one run on the play and advancing EMU DH Tony DiLeo to third base. Ott hit a single up the middle next, which scored DiLeo. A single to left field by Ott then scored one more run. LHP Sean Kennedy came in to pitch for the Bobcats. A single to left field by EMU C Adam Sonabend scored two more runs, pushing the lead to six for the Eagles.

Bottom: Madsen led the inning off with a single to left, then on the next pitch, Wells doubled to left, advancing Madsen to third. The next batter, Adryan, hit a sacrifice fly to center, which scored Madsen. A single by Emody following Adryam scored Wells from third. The next pitch was driven to left field by T. Black, advancing Emody to second base. Bredeson loaded the bases with a successful bunt down the third base line. PH Connor Callery beat out the double play on his grounder hit to second, scoring Emody from third. G. Black was then hit hard with a pitching, loading the bases again with two outs. Geller then hit a grounder to first base, which was mishandled by L. Longo, scoring one Bredeson.

Seventh Inning: Ohio 5, Eastern Michigan 7

Top: RHP Logan Cozart started the inning on the mound for Ohio. Two of the first four batter reached base on balls, but Ohio threw out a runner attempting to steal second on the next batter. A foul ball near the EMU dugout was caught by the Bobcats, ending the half-inning scoreless.

Bottom: Wells was hit on the first pitch of the inning. Adryan grounded to short stop by beat the throw at first and Wells was thrown out at second on the play. Emody was walked next. T. Black struck out, then Bredeson loaded the bases with a single between third and short. A fly out by Callery ended the inning.

Eighth Inning: Ohio 5, Eastern Michigan 7

Top: Ott lead of the inning with a single, then was advanced to second on a past ball. Rubino then singled to right field, and stole second base two pitches later. L. Longo was then intentionally walked, sending Sonabend to the plate with bases loaded. Sonabend grounded into a double play, but Ott was able to score from third base. The next batter, Adam Dennison, was then walked.

Bottom: Geller reached first on a base hit, before the next two batters were retired. Wells then singled up the middle, advancing Geller to second base. Adryan flied out to end the inning.

Ninth Inning: Ohio 5, Eastern Michigan 8

Top: RHP Corey Wells started the inning for the Bobcats. Two runners reached base, and one is able to score on an error by Ohio. RHP Jeremy Cronk came in to pitch with one out and two runners on base. The first pitch was cranked to right field, loading the bases for EMU. A single to right field and an error by Bredeson scored one more run. The next batter was walked, loading the bases.

Bottom: Three up and three down to end the game for Ohio.

Final: Ohio 5, Eastern Michigan 10

EMU        101  005  012        10  13  2

OHIO       000  104  000         5   11  4

Up Next

Ohio (8-32) will host Buffalo in a three-game Mid-American Conference series at Bob Wren Stadium, starting on Friday. The Bobcats now have 10 more games left in the 2014 season.