Staff writer Anna Gibbs teaches us how to bring holiday scents into our homes without the hassle. This stovetop air freshener will fill your house with scent for up to five days!

Trying to fill your house with the smells of the season can be difficult – candles can cause fire hazards, cooking around the clock can become exhausting and sprays don’t bring the holiday warmth that makes your home cozy. However, a stove top air freshener can bring a cozy holiday feeling without the hassle that keeps you away from your loved ones. 

This accessible way to bring holiday spirit to the home only needs ingredients that you can find in the pantry. The ingredients can vary but I always use a lemon wedge, five cinnamon sticks, apple slices, cloves and ground cinnamon.  These ingredients will bring sweet spice with a hint of citrus into your home.  Although I’m a fan of this mix, being adventurous never hurt anyone! If you don’t like a certain ingredient or would like to add one it will work the same

Add all of those ingredients into a pot and fill water to a point where it’s peeking through the ingredients.  Then, turn the stove on to a medium to low heat. Once the pot starts boiling turn the burner off and enjoy the smell for hours on end.

Don’t be too eager to throw out the pot once the aroma starts to die down because this is reusable. Most of the time there is still moisture in the pot but if not, adding a few tablespoons of water and heating the burner again will bring the exact same smell.

The same pot should bring the smell of the holidays to your home for approximately five days.

Let us know if you attempt the stovetop air freshener and what ingredients you use! Tweet us @ThePostCulture.

@AnnaChristine38

ag836912@ohio.edu