A number of popular Youtube series and web stars are moving closer to their dreams as television networks pick up their videos and turn them into shows.

When YouTube launched 10 years ago, certainly, some of your favorite content creators could not imagine their web videos premiering on a major television network. 

So yesterday, when I saw one of my favorite web series, roomieloverfriends, premiering on BET, I couldn’t help but feel ecstatic that the series from Black&Sexy TV, one of YouTube’s most popular channels, is now being shown to a worldwide audience. 

Just a week ago, Variety released an article stating that BET networks, a cable TV channel owned by Viacom, “cut a deal” with Black&Sexy TV to air three of the channel’s original web series on Wednesdays at 11 p.m. for the next month.

Today more web series are being picked up by major media companies, who are working toward releasing their series on cable TV. YouTubers such as Issa Rae, Ray William Johnson and The Fine Brothers have made development deals with prominent TV companies all within the the last two years, according to Business Insider

Cable networks such as Comedy Central and MTV have had success after launching web series, Drunk History, Broad City and Todrick, on their networks.

via giphy.com

The video-sharing site launched back in February 2005 and has created a space for individuals to connect, inform and inspire people across the world through the use of uploading videos and creating original creative content.

Now, web stars and personalities are being offered their own TV show for viewers all across the world to see.  

It’s always nice to see some of your favorite YouTube stars make it into the competitive TV industry. Here are some of my favorite YouTubers who should deserve their own show.

1. Timothy DeLaGhetto

Timothy DeLaGhetto, also known as Traphik, is a YouTube personality, vlogger and rapper. He’s worked alongside a number of popular YouTubers such as Tori Kelly, Jenna Marbles and King Bach. Although a majority of Tim’s content could be deemed as inappropriate for TV, his “Dear DeLaGhettos” and weekly vlogs illustrate his passion for helping youth.

2. Superwoman

YouTube personality Superwoman, also known as Lilly Singh, is an Indian-Canadian vlogger, comedian, actress, rapper and motivational speaker whose videos commonly take normal moments from her background of Indian culture and add a spice of satirical commentary and humor. Some of Singh’s most popular videos include "How Girls Get Ready", "Types of Kids at School" and "Girls On Their Periods.” Singh has been open about her struggle with depression in many of her videos. Thus her TV series could reach out to others about these issues while inspiring people to be themselves.

3. Kingsley

Kingsley, YouTube personality, comedian and blogger would definitely succeed.

He’s famous for his “Ask Kingsley” and “Overexposed” videos.

Using his comedic skills and savviness on everything pop culture, his show would lead the daytime charts on channels such as E! News and Pop TV.

@its_candicew

cw873012@ohio.edu