Annalise and the Keating 5 are back for the second season of How to Get Away with Murder exposing new secrets, killer twists — no pun intended — and ... eggs?

If I had the choice to hit the clubs with anyone from the class of How to Get Away with Murder 101, I’d probably choose Professor Keating, only after she gave me an “A” in her course.

This season of How to Get Away with Murder seems to be filled with complex storylines, new secrets, unanswered questions and, of course, everyone’s love for killing.

The second season premiere picked up right where it ended its first season: with multiple unanswered questions regarding the killing of the law group’s original client, Rebecca (Katie Findlay). We already suspected that Annalise (Viola Davis) and Frank (Charlie Weber) might have had something to do with the killing, but after they disposed of the body and made plans to figure out the killer, we realized that it couldn’t be one of them.  

Personally, I hope now that Rebecca is gone, maybe the group and Wes (Alfred Enoch) — mainly Wes — can focus on pursuing their law careers and not the crazy girl.

{{tncms-asset app="editorial" id="f2e68cac-c2b2-11e4-b1fc-0f9f60c98eef"}}

Speaking of Wes, I think we should all just give him a big warm hug! Poor guy. The adorable “puppy” of the group was angry. Throughout the episode, he was mopey and distant from the group because he hadn’t heard from Rebecca. He actually talked back and sassed Annalise during class. You muster up the courage to do that to Annalise.

Of course, I would be a mess if my significant other ran away and had yet to hear and speak with her in a couple weeks. But look on the brightside, Mr. Dimples, you can always run away with me.

Was that too soon? Maybe just a little.

via giphy.com

We also got introduced to new character Eve Rothlow (Famke Janssen), a serious defense attorney hired by Annalise to help her current “boyfriend,” Nate (Billy Brown) plead innocent in the case killing of her husband. Yeah, even Nate said that sounded fishy.  

You would think that the personalities of Annaliese and Eve would clash as two serious defense lawyers working in the same town but the twist of them being past lovers provided all new surprises for everyone this season.

This is a messy love life, Annalise. You framed boyfriend Nate for killing your husband and are now getting your ex-girlfriend to defend your boyfriend in court.

It’s weird, but not as weird as Annalise going out to the club with her students.

via giphy.com

Yes, Annalise was totally at the bar — with a brand new wig — taking shots and dancing to club music with her five law students. I mean, did she not fear that other students from her class would ask about their grade? Maybe I’m exaggerating, but taking shots and dancing at a party with your law professor seems kind of weird. Obviously for the Keating Five, that very thought slipped their minds.

At least going out to the club with Bonnie (Liza Weil) could have been better because she would have killed it on the dance floor.

Oh wait.

In the last 15 minutes, it’s discovered that Bonnie killed Rebecca. The reasoning isn’t entirely clear, but I can honestly say that I actually wasn’t all that surprised because Bonnie makes for a really good killer.

I did wonder how Connor (Jack Falahee) was going to accept Oliver (Conrad Ricamora) being HIV-positive. Connor saying that the “disease” wasn’t that concerning was a little bothersome, but I enjoyed Oliver taking the time to talk to him about it and letting him know about his comfortability. But we also got to see Connor naked. So a less than three sign to Oliver and Connor.

via 33.media.tumblr.com

But the end of this episode is when everything takes a turn. In a flash forward — as is the style of the show — we see Wes running away from a fancy mansion after hearing a gunshot. Enter into the home, and Annalise is bleeding on the floor, gasping for breath.

No big, just another immense secret and suspense that will keep fans on the edge of their seats all season long.

How to Get Away with Murder airs Thursdays at 10 p.m., on ABC.

@its_candicew

cw873012@ohio.edu