The designers are sent out to create the modern New York woman for the Mary Kay challenge, though some missed the mark completely in the fourth episode of the 14th season of Project Runway

Faithful Project Runway watchers who have seen every season recognized the recurring Mary Kay challenge in Thursday night’s episode, though it caused the designers to crack.

This challenge allows the designers to take the inspiration from the classic and iconic fashion staple and give it their own modern twist. The winner receives a $5,000 prize and will have the look featured in an ad campaign.

The designers finally make their first trip to Mood, and immediately I’m at peace. All is right in the world. And check out those hot, new see-through Mood bags!

In case youre having a bad day heres Tim gunn running after swatch.

via tellmemore98.tumblr.com

The nine-hour challenge gives the designers a lot to contemplate. It’s the New York woman — the ideal woman that the fashion industry created. She is successful, playful and feminine. The designers went in all kinds of directions — most in bad taste — of who they believed the New York woman was.  

It was difficult to understand the thought process of anyone this week. For the first 40 minutes, there weren’t any signs that these looks had a prayer of being complete within the deadline. All we could see were unfinished looks, until what seemed like hair and makeup time (cue Mary Kay makeup product placement).

No one could make a decision. The ones who were confident, such as Ashley and Laurie, weren’t even featured as much this episode. There were more tears in the design room than sewing machines (looking at you, Amanda).

via giphy.com

Tim Gunn comes in for critique and gives Candice the stamp of approval for her leather dress, while Amanda calls Candice’s skills “mediocre.” OK, you haven’t won a challenge yet, so stop. (Just kidding, we like drama.)