Films with all-star casts top the list of must-see movies in April.

April is bringing out the big guns for its movie line-up. The top films coming out in the rainy month have some all-star casts. Because of the big names attached to the films, you can't go wrong with whichever one(s) you choose to see. So, here is a selection of films to see in April:

April 5: Before I Wake — This movie is for all of you who fell in love with Jacob Tremblay in Room. The 9-year-old will star as Cody in the upcoming film. Before I Wake is about a couple who adopts Cody. They soon find out there is something strange about the boy. His dreams — and nightmares — come to life while he is sleeping. If you love scary movies, you should go see the film. If you don’t like scary movies, go to see Tremblay.

April 8: The Boss — Melissa McCarthy plays Michelle Durnell, an industry titan who is sent to prison for insider trading. When her sentence is up, she seeks help from her former personal assistant, Claire (Kristen Bell). In order to rebrand herself, she helps Claire's daughter build a brownie empire for her Dandelions Club. Just like all of the other Melissa McCarthy movies, this one is a comedy. It looks like the audience is in for a lot of laughs.  

April 15: The Jungle Book — The film is a live-action take on the Disney classic, but this version takes a darker tone. The animation makes everything look real. With a phenomenal cast — Scarlett Johansson, Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong’o, Bill Murray, Christopher Walken and Ben Kingsley — the film is a must-see, even if you aren’t a fan of the Disney animated film.

April 22: The Huntsman: Winter’s War — This is the prequel to the 2012 film Snow White and the Huntsman. Charlize Theron is back as the evil queen, Ravenna. Chris Hemsworth returns as the huntsman and Sam Claflin as Prince William. Being added to the cast is Emily Blunt, who will play Ravenna’s sister and Snow White’s mother, Freya. When Ravenna threatens the life of Freya’s child, Freya’s ultimate powers are released. This film is going to be epic.

April 29: Mother’s Day — Another movie dedicated to a holiday, Mother’s Day comes from the director of Valentine’s Day and New Year’s Eve. This film follows — yup, you guessed it — mothers and their intersecting stories. A few queens of the romantic comedy genre take leading roles in the movie: Jennifer Aniston, Kate Hudson and Julia Roberts. Any movie with those three ladies in it is a must-see. Mother’s Day even casted a “Mr. Mom” character and he is played by Jason Sudeikis. And if you’re a Pretty Little Liars fan, Shay Mitchell — who plays Emily — also stars in the movie. Mother’s Day comes out the weekend before the celebrated holiday, so treat your mom and take her to see a movie that celebrates moms everywhere.  

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu