The BedPost: Men, to get in the back door, you'll need the key: your girlfriend's consent

How can I persuade my girlfriend to let me have anal sex with her?

—Jonesin’ for some anal

When you say, “How do I persuade her?” I hear, “So I asked her and she said, ‘no.’ But, I still want in that booty.” Well Jonesin’, being as that booty belongs to her, she ultimately has authority on what she allows in.

That said, a loving and caring partner should be willing to try new things (including sexual things) in order to please his or her partner — within reason.

The question is (and this is up to your girlfriend): Is her rectum within reason?

But you’re jonesin’ for some anal, and you want to know what you can do to improve your chances. So, here you go:

You let her know, in a calm and non-demanding way, that you are interested in having anal sex. You assure her that, if or when you have anal sex, you will use a lot of lube (and you will), that you will take it slowly (and you will), and that, if she feels any discomfort or wants to stop, you will (and you will).

Then you give her time to think it over. You don’t push the issue like a dog begging to hump someone in corduroy pants. And you content yourself with the fact that, if she still says “no,” you will have to settle for the ever-so-horrible second-place sexual experience that is sex with your girlfriend’s vagina and your active imagination.

Alex Bill is a junior studying psychology and criminology.

You can’t.

It’s simple: You cannot force your girlfriend to let you put anything, anywhere without an invite.

Not even with a 39-foot pole, Mr. Grinch.

Rape, as defined in the Encarta World English Dictionary, is forcing sex. Read on to the second definition, though, and you’ll see it’s also, “treating something in a violent, destructive, or abusive way.”

It’s rape. Even if she allows it physically, mentally she might not be as willing or convinced as she let’s on, and that’s abuse. Girlfriends can do crazy things all for the sake of getting boyfriends off.

All scolding aside, I surfed the Web. I Googled the health risks, motives and benefits of anal sex. My guyfriends and girlfriends shared their experiences, too.

Basically, some couples do it, some don’t. It’s all preference.

Men like the power of conquering a girl’s booty, and the tightness of the anal cavity adds extra pleasure to newly explored land. Although there are incidents of tearing and stretching, it’s less common if performed carefully.

If she’s not willing, don’t push it. Not every dude in the locker room is doing it; a guy’s lucky enough to have any place to put his penis at all.

No ifs, ands or butts about it.

Steph Doan is a junior studying journalism.

Send your burning sex questions to Steph and Alex at

thebedpostpeople@gmail.com.