Billy Caudill

Alleged bank robber, possibly armed, seen near OU campus

A man wanted in connection with a Wednesday bank robbery in Carroll, Ohio was seen near campus — and area law enforcement are searching for the possibly armed fugitive.

Billy Caudill, 43, was identified by People's Bank officials on surveillance photos and a warrant for his arrest was issued Wednesday. He was spotted near Union and Shafer streets.

Robbery is a second-degree felony, according to the Ohio Revised Code.

Caudill has 28 charges racked up against him — including receiving stolen property, possession of drug paraphernalia, theft of a motor vehicle, domestic violence and breaking and entering — stemming back to 2003. Seven of these charges were dismissed.

The most recent case against him is from 2007, where he was charged with three counts of breaking and entering, a fifth-degree misdemeanor; 5 counts of grand theft of a motor vehicle, a fourth-degree felony; and safecracking, a fourth degree felony. An official plea has not been entered for this case, according to Fairfield County Municipal Court.

Ohio University Police were told Caudill might be armed but don't know with what. Athens Police do not have any updates at this time.

Caudill is 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 195 pounds. He has hazel eyes and is believed to be clean-shaven with a shaved head, according to an OU emergency notification.

Ohio Police have called in extra officers, according to the notification.

as218907@ohiou.edu