Budget restructuring affords university a new administrator

Ohio University’s new position to oversee changes to its departments in the midst of a budget restructuring was filled earlier this week after a national search.

Joseph M. Lalley, currently a senior director for Facilities Operations at Cornell University, was hired as OU’s first senior associate vice president for Information Technologies and Administrative Services, according to an email sent by Stephen Golding, OU’s vice president for Finance and Administration, to faculty.

“(I am) honored by the offer and excited about the opportunity,” said Lalley, according to the email.

Lalley will oversee the Ohio Service Alignment Initiative, a byproduct of the university’s switch to the Responsibility Centered Management budget model.

He will implement changes to the university’s Finance, Facilities, Human Resources and Information Technology offices after they are reviewed by the Huron Consulting Group, according to the Executive Vice President and Provost’s website.

“We are fortunate to recruit someone with Joe's background to join Ohio University,” Golding said. “His experience and demonstrated ability to problem solve, his understanding of higher education's complex business processes and his commitment to the academic mission of the university impressed those who met him during the interview process.”

Lalley will make $225,000 — a cost paid for by the university’s switch to the new budget model, said OU spokesperson Jennifer Krisch.

dd195710@ohiou.edu