Middleton

OU dean ready to 'get to work' on national education board

An Ohio University administrator has been elected to a national education board.

Renee Middleton, dean of the Patton College of Education, was elected to the board of directors of the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards, a nonprofit organization dedicated to elevating the voice of accomplished teachers in shaping a true profession and raising student achievement, according to its website.

“The NBPTS has a rich history and reputation of being on the forefront of building coalitions of support for quality teaching and learning. It is known for approaching teacher education rigor, but also with passion and creativity,” said Middleton in a news release. “I cannot wait to get to work and add my voice to that of my qualified and exceptional colleagues on the Board.”

Middleton also serves on other boards, including the American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Coalition of Rural and Appalachian Schools, according to the release.

Middleton will serve on the board for a term of four years.

The board is made up of 29 educators from throughout the country. Including Middleton, three of the board directors are from Ohio, according to the board’s website.

“Dean Middleton has shown tremendous leadership in her role as dean,” said OU President Roderick McDavis in an emailed statement. “We are very pleased to see that her talents will be shared on a national scale as a Board of Director. We are very proud of her and the national spotlight she is shining on our Patton College of Education and Ohio University.”

md781510@ohiou.edu

@MariaDeVito13