Ohio Athletics announced a new agreement with Front Row Marketing to sell Peden Stadium and The Convo's naming rights Tuesday. (DUSTIN LENNERT | FILE PHOTO)

City: OU tries for alcohol sales at Peden, The Convo

The Ohio University sporting venues might soon serve beer and wine.

Two Ohio University sporting venues could soon serve beer and wine, Athens City Council President Jim Sands said at the city's council meeting Tuesday evening.

OU Athletics Director Jim Schaus wrote a letter of notification to city officials, dated Aug. 22, explaining the university's plans to have limited sales within OU's Peden Stadium and The Convo.

"As is the practice at many other universities, both in the state of Ohio and around the country, our plan is to offer beer and wine sales in our donor hospitality areas during our home football and basketball events," Schaus wrote in the letter, which The Post obtained Tuesday night. 

At The Convo, sales would be limited to the Rohr room, officials said. Meanwhile, only the 3rd and 4th floors of Peden Stadium, known as the Tower Club, would be serving alcohol. A previous Post article indicated OU had expressed such an intent in the past.

Councilwoman Chris Knisely, D-at large, noted after the meeting that consumption will be not be permitted throughout the outdoor seating areas at the Tower Club.

"We have worked in concert with campus and AVI, our concessionaire, on a staffing and operations plan that will adhere to all city and state regulation, while putting a consistent emphasis on responsible enjoyment. We understand the importance of this matter and take our responsibility series," Schaus said.

A representative from Ohio University could not immediately be reached for comment late Tuesday night.

@eockerman

eo300813@ohio.edu

This is a developing story. Please check back here for an updated story, and stick with @ThePost for the latest.