Clownin'

Prepare to Clown around at Jackie O’s with ColorDance

The organizers of ColorDance Music Festival are hosting a concert at Jackie O’s to raise money for the festival.

This Friday, Jackie O’s Pub & Brewery is hoping its patrons get ready to clown around when organizers of ColorDance Music Festival hosts its latest event, Clownin’, this Friday at 9:30 p.m.  

“Athens should prepare for a lighthearted, circus-type atmosphere,” said Ryan Miller, co-founder of ColorDance. “I want people to embrace their fun side. They should let loose and have a good time.”

With face painting and clown noses available, as well as comedian Ric Grippa bringing laughter, the show looks to provide a wide range of entertainment. But the main attraction of the night comes from bands Glostik Willy and Baby Hands.

“It’s been a while since we’ve done a show, and we wanted this to be good as our first venue of the semester,” Miller said. “Both Glostik Willy and Baby Hands were big hits at the festival, and we wanted to bring them on. This is a concept I have had for a year, and this just seemed like the right time for the show.”

Glostik Willy mixes in original songs and cover tunes for an energetic set.

“We’re going to try to bring the house down, just as we always like to do,” said Jameson ‘Jay Moe’ Bradford, guitarist and composer for Glostik Willy. “We always try to make a good show, and this is no different. It’s going to be a good time.”

Also, if you are juggler, you are more than welcome to come for the ride.

“We have a bunch of fun stuff planned,” said Jake ‘Baby Hands’ Goldberg. “There’s going to be a lot of collaborating with Glostik and we are all excited to (show) people what we have planned. People should come to jam and have fun.”

At the moment, the show is based on donations, likely around $5 or whatever people can afford. But the biggest priority is that people come and have a good time.

“Put a clown face on, be happy and let out your inner clown,” Miller said.  

@thewillofash

wa054010@ohio.edu