An Ohio University Police car parked outside of Scott Quadrangle. 

OUPD found three males sleeping with marijuana in plain view

OUPD finds three sleeping in room, with marijuana contraband, where fire alarm had been activated 

Ohio University police officers and Athens firefighters were called to Brown Hall on April 7 in response to a fire alarm but were greeted with more than smoke.

An OU police officer dispatched to the scene shortly after 3 a.m. observed three men sleeping inside the room where the alarm had been activated, according to a police report.

After a short investigation, the officer found marijuana contraband in plain view and proceeded to issue citations for drug paraphernalia to the three men.

The Ohio University Police Department also responded to a number of theft reports during the past week.

On Wednesday, a foreman from Capital City Mechanical, a company that provides process piping, plumbing and HVAC installation services, reported a theft of scrap copper pipes. The pipes were reportedly taken from the Boyd Hall Garage.

OUPD received a report Friday regarding a bicycle that was taken from the bike rack of the victim’s vehicle.

The bike was reportedly taken on April 2, some time between noon and 6 p.m.

On April 6, OUPD received a theft report regarding a phone that was taken on April 2 at Ping Center.

Four days later, just before 11 p.m., an OU student reported that his wallet was stolen at Ping Center, according to the report.

The Athens Police Department received a complaint Thursday from Speedway employees at 319 E. State St. The employees said a man, who was reportedly intoxicated, was threatening the safety of the employees.

On Sunday, APD responded to a burglary report that took place at a residence on Mill Street.

The man who made the report said someone had “busted out” a window and left his room a mess. The report said the incident occurred sometime between 8:30 p.m. on Saturday and 11 p.m. on Sunday.

Nothing of value was taken, and there were no suspects at that time, according to the report.

Deputies from the Athens County Sherriff’s Office were dispatched Friday to the corner of Pomeroy Road and Pleasant Hill Road in Athens to investigate on a “possible discarded meth lab.”

The deputies found the remnants of a meth lab in a grocery bag after arriving to the scene, according to the report.

Detectives from the Athens County Major Crimes Unit were called to neutralize the meth lab.

On April 7, a deputy was called to New Marshfield regarding a report of two men driving in a red pickup truck threatening people with a gun, according to the report.

The report said the issue “allegedly arose over a conflict over a girl.”

One of the men was located. The case remains under investigation. 

jl951613@ohio.edu

@JoshuaLim93