Post Haste: OU falls from party school list; Athens sheriff's office seizes a bunch of marijuana

Today is Wednesday, August 31, 2016:

News from The Post

• The sheriff’s office seized a bunch of marijuana Tuesday. (The Post)
  • Some OU professors are still using clickers despite the university signing a contract making a similar, mobile-device-based service free for students. (The Post)

Good morning,

Ohio University is receiving recognition as one of the nation’s top universities, and (surprise!), it doesn’t have to do with partying.

In the 2017 Princeton Review, OU cracked the top 10 for best athletic facilities, finishing 10th.

The ranking is higher than many larger schools with perennially successful athletic programs, including the University of Iowa (12th) and the University of Arizona (19th). Ohio State is not ranked on the list.

OU appears on a number of other lists, including Best Midwestern Schools, Green Schools and The Best 381 Colleges in the US.

OU is also ranked highly on a not-so-favorable list. The university finished 6th in the “Financial Aid Not So Great” rankings. The Review didn’t put any other school in Ohio in the top 20 of that list.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens Weather: Mostly sunny with a 20 percent chance of evening showers. High of 87. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

None to report, but here’s a deep dive into the offense of OU football’s first opponent. (link when live).

You might also want to know …

Ryan Lochte, Amber Rose and Vanilla Ice are some of the celebrities set to appear on the next season of Dancing With the Stars. (Chicago Tribune)

ITT Technical Institute announced it will no longer be accepting new student enrollment after the government began cracking down on for-profit universities. (CNNMoney)

For more global news, check out The New York Times' daily briefing.

jp351014@ohio.edu

@Jonny_Palermo