Women's golf player Hailey Hrynewich of Muskegon, Michigan, poses for a portrait. (File)

Women’s Golf Notebook: Team just weeks away from teeing up

The season is rapidly approaching, as the women’s golf team is looking toward a successful 2016 campaign.

It’s almost time to begin polishing clubs, lacing up shoes and strapping on gloves, as the Women’s Golf season is just weeks away from being in full swing.

Rounding out the end of last season, the now senior, Hailey Hrynewich was the player to keep an eye out for as she finished 9th overall in the Mid-American Conference. She participated in 29 rounds with an average of 75.21 stokes.

Her lowest stroke count landed at a solid score of 67, tying her with the MAC’s first place golfer Taylor Kim, a senior from Kent State University.

This season is going to be exceptionally intense for her, as Hrynewich will displays her skills for her last season as a Bobcat.

With head coach Kelly Ovington leading the team, the rest of the Bobcats will follow suit as they bring their best efforts to continue to beat all time bests throughout the season.

If last season was any indication, the team will not stop until it has broken more personal records. The team improved last season on strokes overall, as well as strokes per golfer.

The team ended last season with an average of 8937 strokes overall, averaging 308.17 strokes as a whole and 877.04 per golfer.

Compared with the average of the 2014-15 season of 8117 strokes overall, the team clearly taken a step that has slowly shaved off a few strokes each season.

This coming season, the Bobcats will look to continue their steady climb to the top of the MAC, hoping to continue to decrease their averages.

Although the exact date has not yet been announced, the Bobcats will be teeing up for their first invitational at the beginning of September.

jj940914@ohio.edu

@_jjohnston