Ex Post Facto: Bill Clinton in Athens; new beer joint

And just like that, week six is finished.

Here are the news narrative you might’ve missed this week:

Bier me

Ah, yes. Another place for Athenians to consume alcohol.

The Starting Gates Bier Halle, a bar and restaurant specializing in German fare, is now open for business in the former location of W.G. Grinders (120 W. Union St.). Owners Dan Gates and Terry Smith purchased the building for an undisclosed amount, according a previous Post report.

The Starting Gates Bier Halle plans to serve German-style beers from multiple craft brewers and serve up subs, salads, bratwurst and sauerkraut, among other foods.

Speaking of sausage

An Honors Tutorial College alumnus is driving the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile for a living.

Isaac Wilker, a 2016 graduate of the HTC’s business administration program was one of 12 people selected out of roughly 1,200 applicants for the job of driving a large hot dog-shaped vehicle around the country.

Wilker said he sent his application materials wrapped in packaging decorated like a hot dog and he began each of his interviews with a hot dog joke.

Oscar Mayer has six total Wienermobiles, in case you were wondering.

Between a frack and a hard place

Athens County has failed to immunize itself from fracking.

The Ohio Supreme Court recently struck down a charter which would’ve allow the county to ban fracking in Athens County, a cause locals have been fighting for for several years, Athens County Bill of Rights Committee Chairman Dick McGinn told The Post.

Fracking, or hydraulic fracturing, is a process by which water is used fracture rock in the earth’s crust, thereby releasing natural gas to be collected.

There is some concern that fracking can harm water supplies. That’s why the county is fighting to ban it.

A popular stop

Former President Bill Clinton will be in Athens County on Tuesday

And that’s kind of all we know at the moment. A web page on Hillary Clinton’s campaign website states the event details are to be determined, though it does say he’ll be here in the morning, and that he will “lay out the high stakes of November’s election.”

The news comes shortly after two minor celebrities, Richard Schiff of The West Wing and John Lithgow of Interstellar and Shrek, came to Athens to campaign on Hillary Clinton’s behalf.

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu