An OUPD vehicle is parked outside of Scott Quad. (JOSHUA LIM | FILE)

Crimes of the Month: Police receive report of theft of $5,200 in textbooks

Ohio University employees reported about $5,200 in textbooks stolen from their offices on Sept. 22.

The books, which were allegedly stolen from Copeland Hall, dealt with finance and operations management, according to a Wednesday news release by Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous. The Ohio University Police Department is requesting that anyone with information contact its office or Crime Solvers Anonymous.

Local law enforcement is also still seeking information related to several cases listed in previous crimes of the month news releases.

A previous release stated the Athens and Nelsonville police departments received eight reports of vehicle thefts in August and July. On Sept. 15, OUPD received a report that a silver Jeep Wrangler had been stolen from West Union Street, according to Wednesday’s release.

In addition to three previous reports of breaking and entering in August, APD received a report someone had broken glass on the doors at two businesses and stolen cartons of cigarettes, according to the release. The incidents allegedly occurred on Aug. 24 at City Limits Valero, 235 Columbus Road, and Sept. 2 at Pete’s BP, 542 Richland Ave.

Video surveillance shows the suspect driving a 2010 to 2013 Subaru Legacy, according to the release.

In the release, APD requested information from citizens regarding the circulation of counterfeit money. Several businesses received counterfeit $100 bills as payment on about July 26, according to the release.

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office requested information related to an incident in which someone allegedly broke into the Catharge Township equipment garage and stole a “large amount of tools” on about May 31.

Anyone with information related to these incidents may call Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous at 740-594-3331.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu