APD cruisers are parked at the department's headquarters. (FILE)

Athens Police Department fields eighth rape report to city, campus police

This article has been updated to include additional information. 

A 21-year-old woman reported an incident of rape to the Athens Police Department on Tuesday.

According to an APD report, the woman told police that someone she knew had sexually assaulted her at about 2 a.m. Sunday in the uptown area. The report provides no other information.

The incident is under investigation, the report states.

The report is the eighth rape report APD and the Ohio University Police Department have fielded since the beginning of OU’s Fall Semester, according to previous Post reports. It is the 10th report of a sex-related crime the departments have received. 

A woman reported an incident of solicitation to OUPD in August. Another woman reported an incident of gross sexual imposition to APD in October. 

The most recent rape reported to OUPD prior to Tuesday's report allegedly took place Nov. 1, according to a previous Post report

In that incident, a woman reported that someone she had communicated with on Snapchat had sexually assaulted her in her Sowle Hall room, according to a crime alert OUPD released Nov. 2. The alert described the suspect as a white, heavy-set college-aged male with blond hair and facial hair on his chin who stood between 5-feet-10 inches and 6 feet tall.

APD received two reports of rape days earlier from Halloween weekend. The first allegedly occurred at 9 p.m. Oct. 29, and APD had no suspects at the time the report was released.

In the second APD report that weekend, a 19-year-old woman alleged she had been raped by someone she knew at about 12 a.m. Oct. 30.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu