Provided via publicdomainpictures.net

5 answers to the question: ‘What’s going on at school?’

On the spectrum of the likelihood of certain events occurring for a college student during Thanksgiving, hearing the question “what’s going on at school?” is as close to inevitable as gorging ourselves on turkey and stuffing.

And let’s be frank: You usually don’t know what to say. High-energy readers likely list some of the classes they’re taking. Others opt for the cop out — something in the vein of “oh, you know. I’m just really busy with classes and stuff.”

This year, why not come prepared? Below, The Post has assembled 5 neatly-packaged answers to the only question keeping you from taking a post-meal nap.

#1 — They’re tearing down some of the dorms

The university decided this fall to tear down O’Bleness and Martzolff houses — two dorms on South Green.

Both dorms were built in the late 1960s.

The demolition is slated to occur next summer. Fenzel House might also come down, but an official decision hasn’t yet been made.

#2 — A student went viral

An email exchange between a geological sciences professor and a student who skipped class blew up on the web in October.

The professor emailed the student, who left right after turning in his homework, asking why he was not present when attendance was taken near the end of class. The student’s response was honest — he had tickets to the World Series in Cleveland but didn’t want to forego the attendance points.

The professor responded:

”That looks like an impeccable excuse. No repercussions. Go Tribe!”

#3 — Our basketball team appears to be pretty good

The men’s basketball team is undefeated after three games, including a win over Georgia Tech, and has garnered at least one vote in the AP Top 25 poll.

The team seems to be getting along well, and it has a few stand-outs that have contributed to their success thus far. A Post basketball writer has high hopes for the team.

Plus, the Bobcats play Tennessee Tech the day after Thanksgiving. Leftovers and basketball, anyone?

#4 — Some students broke a world record

Bobcathon — a philanthropic student organization at OU — organized a record-setting cake walk in October.

More than 250 students participated in the event, which consisted of walking around Baker Center’s parking lot, stepping on pieces of paper and hoping to win a cake.

Bobcathon holds fundraising events throughout the year that help support the Ronald McDonald House.

#5 — The university president — yes, the guy who had the bats in his house — took a job elsewhere

Ohio University President Roderick McDavis was scheduled to interview for the president position at Florida Gulf Coast University last Friday, but he withdrew unexpectedly.

And according to a spokesperson for FGCU, it was because he he already took a job elsewhere.

That’s pretty much all we know.

BONUS: Use with caution — People got pretty upset about the election

The International Socialist Organization organized a sizeable anti-Trump protest in the days following the election.

Protesters marched on Court Street and shouted things like “f--k Trump” and “you can’t comb over hate.”

In response, someone drove by the protest and yelled, “grab America by the pu--y!”

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu