An OUPD vehicle is parked outside of Scott Quad. (JOSHUA LIM | FILE)

Ohio University Police Department fields seventh sex-related crime report of the semester

Early Sunday morning, The Ohio University Police Department fielded its seventh sex crime of the Fall Semester.

At approximately 4:50 a.m., a 19-year-old woman in Read Hall reported the incident, which is classified as sexual imposition, according to the police report. The report does not specify whether the individual knew the perpetrator prior to when the crime was committed.

The incident is under investigation, according to the report, which provides no other information.

Sunday’s incident was the latest of 11 sex-related crimes reported this semester to campus and city police, collectively. Of those, eight have been classified as rape, according to a previous Post report.

In August, a woman reported an incident of solicitation to OUPD. Nearly two months later, Athens Police Department received a report of gross sexual imposition from another woman.

Late last week, OUPD released a campus-wide crime alert, following reports from a third party that a woman had been raped by a knife-wielding assailant while walking behind Boyd Hall on Nov. 12.

In Ohio, sexual imposition is considered a misdemeanor of the third degree, and is punishable by up to $500 in fines and a jail sentence of up to 60 days, according to the Ohio Revised Code.

@lauren__fisher

lf966614@ohio.edu