The internet talks OU protests; A crime alert was issued Sunday

Here's what you need to know for Monday, Feb. 6, 2017:

News

Gov. John Kasich proposed a tuition freeze for public universities in Ohio. (The Post)

OUPD issued a crime alert after receiving a report of rape Sunday. (The Post)

Good morning,

Reddit users are dishing out their opinions on OUPD and OU’s administration following the detainment of about 70 protesters in Baker Center last week.

The comments, which are part of a thread centered on a Post report, almost exclusively rail against the way OU handled the situation.

“This is a disgrace, shutting down what was a peaceful protest” wrote user @ajacbos. “Shame on this university's administration for stifling the opinions of the students, who pay outrageously high tuition and fees that allow those in charge to live so lavishly.”

That sentiment is a far cry from comments on other coverage of the protests.

“Let's all remember that Ohio University/Athens, OH is one of the Top 10 party schools in the country,” user @righttrack wrote on Columbus-based NBC4i’s website. “... I take no stock in what these drunken fools have to say. Drunken stupid kids - and the numerous arrests prove that.”

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

A 30 percent chance of scattered showers in the late afternoon. High of 57 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Men’s basketball beat Akron on Saturday. Women’s basketball beat Toledo during the weekend.

You might also want to know …

Police in three major U.S. cities are investigating a sudden uptick in anti-semitic graffiti. (CNN)

The New England Patriots won Super Bowl LI Sunday night. It was the first instance of overtime in Super Bowl history. (The New York Times)

@JeremyHTweets

jh082913@ohio.edu