Abstract turntablist to perform in Athens; you can rent a bike from the library

Here's what you need to know for Friday, March 17, 2017:

News

• OU English faculty sent an email to students regarding the sexual harassment allegations against Andrew Escobedo. (The Post)
  • You can borrow bicycles from the Athens Public Library. (The Post)

Good morning,

Deejaying with turntables might be retro, but that hasn’t stopped one artist who’s visiting campus today.

Today, sound artist and experimental turntablist Maria Chávez will be performing and speaking in Athens.

Chávez will give a talk today from 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Seigfred Hall and will perform later tonight at ARTS/WEST from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Both events are free and open to the public.

Chávez, who is originally from Lima, Peru, is based in New York City, and has published a book chronicling her 10 years as an abstract turntable artist. “Accidents, coincidence and failures are themes that unite her sound sculptures,” according to the Ohio University Calendar of Events.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Mostly cloudy with a 70 percent chance of scattered afternoon rain showers. High of 45 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The baseball team beat Shawnee State Thursday. The softball team is headed to South Carolina to play this weekend.

You might also want to know …

A federal judge in Hawaii blocked the latest version of President Donald Trump’s travel ban. (The Washington Post)

Humpback Whales are gathering in enormous packs and puzzling scientists. (TIME)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu