Taylor Allen Mills was booked into the southeastern regional jail for allegedly murdering a local Nelsonville bar owner.

Nelsonville man pleads guilty to involuntary manslaughter of bar owner

A Nelsonville man pleaded guilty to six felony charges, including involuntary manslaughter, Thursday after the death of a bar owner, Timothy Koker, more than a year ago.

Taylor Allen Mills, 23, was also charged with carrying a concealed weapon, illegal possession of a firearm in liquor permit premises, tampering with evidence, conspiracy, and discharge of firearm on or near prohibited premises.

Mills pleaded not guilty to the charges last February.

Athens County Common Pleas Judge Patrick Lang sentenced Mills to a prison term of 27 and a half years. As part of his plea agreement, he agreed not to file for early release until he has served 22 years in prison.

“After much review and investigation, as well as extensive discussions with the family of Timothy Koker, the State of Ohio is pleased with the … term that Mills received,” Athens County Prosecutor Keller Blackburn said in a news release. “To the best of my knowledge this is one of the single largest prison terms handed down as the result of a plea.”

The Nelsonville Police Department, the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Athens County Prosecutor’s Office were all involved in investigating the case.

@wtperkins

wp198712@ohio.edu