What you missed during Spring Break; Men's basketball's season is over

Here's what you need to know for Monday, March 13, 2017•:

News

• Some graduate students spoke about the handling of allegations involving English Professor Andrew Escobedo. (The Post)
  • East State Street could see new exit ramps. (The Post)

Good morning and welcome back,

Whether you were sipping cocktails on a beach or lounging at home, Spring Break has passed, and it’s time to enter the final stretch of the semester.

While there were certainly fewer people on campus, Athens and Ohio University weren’t totally immune to news during break. Here’s the news you missed from the past week.

Two sexual assault reports filed

Since Friday, two sexual assaults were reported in Uptown Athens. Both were isolated incidents and are currently under investigation.

OU to offer summer housing to students affected by travel ban

OU announced it will provide summer housing to students impacted by President Donald Trump’s order on immigration. OU’s International Student and Faculty Services, Housing and Residence Life, and Culinary Services are partnering to offer the services.

Men’s basketball season ends in disheartening fashion

On Friday night, the men’s basketball team’s season came to an end when it was defeated by Kent State in the semifinal round of the MAC Tournament. The team finished the season 20-11.

Expect crowds this week

Green Beer Day (at OU) is Wednesday. March Madness starts later in the week. St. Patrick’s Day is Friday, and Fest Season kicks off this weekend with Milliron Fest on Friday and Mill Fest on Saturday.

Time to get back in the groove of things.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

Partly cloudy with no precipitation. High of 45 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and game times

The hockey team defeated Stony Brook Sunday•, earning themselves a spot in the ACHA semifinal game.

You might also want to know …

A massive supply of oil was just discovered in Alaska. (CNN Money)

Tyra Banks will be the new host of America’s Got Talent. (Variety)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu