Honey for the Heart's last open workshop in Baker; African drum and dance lessons offered through November

Today is Friday, Oct. 20, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

Ugata Drum and Dance is hosting African drum and dance classes every week until the end of November. (The Post)

Construction of Sook Center is underway. (The Post)

Gavin DeGraw will be performing at Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium on Sunday . (The Post)

Good morning,

Today is Honey for the Heart’s last puppet workshop day in Trisolini Gallery in Baker Center before the parade on Oct. 28. The workshop will be held from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The open workshops will move from Baker, next week, over to Central Venue located at 29 E. Carpenter St. Honey for the Heart is co-sponsored by Arts for OHIO and Learning Community Programs, according to Ohio University’s website of events. The group is dedicated to using things “perceived as junk” and turning them into large puppets that will appear at the family-friendly parade that is located on Fern Street on Friday, Oct. 28, according to its Facebook Page. Go get your paper mache on.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Clear with no chance of rain. A high of 76 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Women’s soccer tied against Bowling Green 1-1 Thursday at home. (The Post)

The hockey team faces off against Stoney Brook University, and puck drop is at 7:30 p.m. (The Post)

You might also want to know …

The Los Angeles Police Department is investing the allegation of rape against Harvey Weinstein. (USA Today)

A white nationalist who went to speak at the University of Florida was met by hundreds of protestors. (BuzzFeed)

Mychael Knight, fashion designer and former Project Runway contestant, has died at the age of 39. (CNN)

@_jjohnston

jj940914@ohio.edu