It's Election Day; learn where the most out-of-state OU students are from

Today is Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017. Here’s what you need to know.

News from The Post:

An employee at Nelson Dining Hall was arrested Monday after allegedly making terroristic threats to his fellow employees. (The Post)

Learn where the most out-of-state Ohio University students call home. (The Post)

Student Senate is helping The Period Project fund its "Take a Tampon, Leave a Tampon” initiative to provide complimentary feminine products. (The Post)

Good morning,

Today is Election Day across the U.S.

In Athens, the seven seats on city council are up for election. Five candidates are vying for the three at-large seats, while three of the four ward candidates are running unopposed. Council president Chris Knisely is also running for re-election unopposed. To learn more about each candidate, click here to visit The Post's election landing page.

Aside from city council, seven candidates are contending for three spots on the Athens school board. Two issues, four tax renewal levies and The Athens Cannabis Ordinance, or TACO, are also on the ballot.

Polls in Athens are open today from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., according to the Athens County Board of Elections' website. Voting locations are also available on the board's website. The main voting location for students living on campus is Baker Center, except for those who live in Bromley and Voigt halls — their location is First Presbyterian Church, 2 N. Court St.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Athens weather

Another drab autumn day today — cloudy with a 70 percent chance of rain. High of 50 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

Volleyball beat Bowling Green 3-2 on Friday but was swept by archrival Miami 3-0 on Saturday.

You might also want to know…

Law enforcement officials say the Sunday mass shooting in a small Texas town may have been motivated by “a domestic situation” involving threatening text messages and the shooter's mother-in-law. (The New York Times)

According to analysis by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center, the new tax bill proposed by House Republicans would raise taxes for nearly 28 percent of taxpayers in the next decade. (Vox)

Technology helped a blind runner achieve independence in the New York Marathon on Sunday. (The Verge)

@alexrmccann

am622914@ohio.edu