Construction on South Green continues after the demolition of Fenzel, Martzolff and O’Bleness halls over the summer. (FILE)

University has construction plans for Ridges, Clippinger, C-Suite

Ohio University is planning several large construction projects on campus.

OU is planning to renovate buildings 13, 14 and 18 of The Ridges to “make space habitable for administration that will relocate to the area,” Associate Vice President of Facilities Management and Safety Stephen Wood said.

The top floors of buildings 13, 14 and 18 are occupied by studios used within the College Fine Arts as well as surplus storage. Proposed renovations were estimated to cost the university $12.5 million in September and may be complete by the end of 2019, according to a previous Post article.

Buildings that have been vacant for many years will require many renovations to make them available for use again, Associate Vice President for University Planning Shawna Bolin said. 

The project is still in planning and has not been finalized, Bolin said.

Plans for Ridges construction will be brought up at the December Board of Trustees meeting.

The budget for plans to consolidate the teaching program at Heritage College and repurpose the Human Resource and Training Center building totals $65 million.

Construction taking place in the parking lot near Clippinger Laboratories is part of “phase 1” of the Clippinger renovation project, Wood said. 

The new building will help the university relocate lab functions while Clippinger Research Annex is under construction.

Finally, a $1 million project called the C-Suite is meant to help on-campus students with startup ideas find workspaces and resources, according to a university news release.

The project has been in the works for over two years. In April, the project was projected to launch in a year and a half.

The C-Suite is “meant for students to get together, use classroom space and have collaborative meeting areas,” Wood said.

The project and its cost has been approved, Bolin said. The location has not been finalized. 

@stasia_nic

an631715@ohio.edu