Don't forget about these fun events happening in Spring Semester.

6 events to look forward to next semester

Everyone is looking forward to winter break and those blissful few weeks away from campus. There does come a point in break, however, when everyone probably fantasizes about getting back to Athens. Don’t forget about some events coming up during Spring Semester. 

Number Fest

The large music festival is headed back to Athens for the 16th time. # Fest: 16th Edition will be held April 20 and 21, and tickets for the event have been on sale since Nov. 3. The lineup hasn’t been announced yet, but fans are excited to see who will be playing this year. In past years artists have included Lil Yachty, Fetty Wap and The Chainsmokers. The event usually draws a big crowd, so you’ll want to get your tickets as soon as you can. 

Family weekends

Hang out with your siblings Feb. 2-4 during Sibs Weekend and show them your favorite spots to eat, hang out or grab coffee in Athens. The schedule of events for Sibs Weekend is still being updated, but as of now Magician Daniel Martin is slated to perform Feb. 2 at 8 p.m. in Templeton-Blackburn Alumni Memorial Auditorium. Tickets for the event are $15 and will be general admission. 

The Black Student Cultural Programming Board also brings musical guests to campus for Sibs Weekend, and this year A Boogie Wit da Hoodie will be visiting Athens for the Sibs Weekend Concert. Tickets cost $30 for the first 10 rows, $25 for the remainder of the floor and $20 for seats in the balcony. In the past T-Pain and Waka Flocka Flame have performed for Bobcats and their siblings.  

Students can also look forward to Moms Weekend, which will be happening April 6-8. Events for that weekend are still being added as well, but if nothing else, have your mom take you to the grocery store and buy you some snacks. 

#TBT concert 

Who doesn’t need some nostalgia in their life? Students can look forward to the annual #TBT concert next semester. Last year, Shaggy performed to a crowd full of “Angels,” and in 2015 the audience got to “Shake It” with Metro Station. The performer for next semester’s concert hasn’t been announced yet but should be soon. 

Pickle Fest

If you love pickles and competitive eating, be sure to attend Bagel Street Deli’s annual Pickle Fest. Take a look at last year’s fest here. If you’re lucky enough to win, you get to make your own Bagel Street sandwich that becomes part of the restaurant's official menu. 

Green Beer Day

Most Bobcats have a closet full of green T-shirts and other OU-themed clothing, but in March close to St. Patrick’s Day, something else will turn green. Students can look forward to Green Beer Day next semester and hit the bars on Court Street that will be serving the drink. 

Street fests 

A Spring Semester staple in Athens are the street fests. The Fests of Athens, OH Twitter tweeted out the schedule for 2018 on Nov. 30. The schedule states that fest season starts on Feb. 2 with Sibs Weekend and ends on April 21 with Number Fest. Some of the more popular fests include Mill Fest on March 3, High Fest on March 24 and Palmer Fest on April 14. 

@kate_ansel19

ka418714@ohio.edu