The exterior of Casa Nueva, 6. W. State St. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: OU LGBT Center hosts Queer Studies Conference; Amethystone comes to Casa

Friday

God’s Not Dead 3 Youth Movie Night at 6 p.m. at the Athena Grand, 1008 E. State St. The Refuge Church will host a movie night at the Athena Grand for $5. God’s Not Dead: A Light in Darkness is the third in the God’s Not Dead series and follows a pastor who has to deal with his church burning down.

Fifth Annual Queer Studies Conference at 9 a.m. in Baker 231. The OU LGBT Center will hold Queering Borders: Immigration and Crossing Boundaries for Pride Week. The event is free.

Blue Moth, Slackluster and Shane Tripp at 9 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. Heavy rock band Blue Moth will return to The Union to perform with Slackluster and Shane Tripp. There is usually a cover change ranging from $3 to $10, but no charge was listed on the event’s page. 

Saturday

OUGDA Ballathon: Dodgeball Slamapalooza at noon. at Ping Center. OU Game Developer Association will host a dodgeball competition in which participants will compete for the title of the “ultimate dodgeball team.” Admission is a donation of $3 per team member.

Joe and Tony Adami — Live at the Taproom at 6 p.m. at Jackie O’s Taproom, 25 Campbell St. The Adami brothers will be returning to the taproom for a live show that feels as if it belongs at a New York City dive bar. Admission is free. 

Amethystone at 6 p.m. at Casa Nueva, 6 W. State St. Experience piano-driven fantasy rock band Amethystone as it celebrates its performance “Emergence,” a music and dance performance about a woman who goes on a journey to happiness. Admission is free. 

The Awful Kind, BootBandits and Large Mouth Brass Band at 9 p.m. at Casa Nueva, 6 W. State St. Experience a night filled with a wide range of music from folk blues to southern rock with local bands The Awful Kind, BootBandits and Large Mouth Brass Band. Admission is free. 

DJ Barticus Y2K Millennium Dance Party at 9 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. Join self-proclaimed “most yolo jumpsuit wearing DJ ever” DJ Barticus as he spins tunes from the early 2000s. Admission is $5 for ages 18 to 20 and $3 for ages 21 and above.  

Sunday 

April Yoga at 11 a.m. at Little Fish Brewing Company, 8675 Armitage Road. Start Easter Sunday off with some downward dogs and sun salutations at morning yoga. It’s the first day of Little Fish’s April yoga event. The event is free. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu 

@summerinmae

my389715@ohio.edu