The exterior of Casa Nueva, 6. W. State St. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: Dance the night away at Casa Nueva; play your first round of mini golf of the summer

Friday

Trust Me Dance Party at 10 p.m. at Casa Nueva, 6 W. State St. With a motto of “it doesn’t have to make sense as long as it makes you dance,” DJ B-Funk will play a little bit of everything, from Michael Jackson to Taylor Swift. The event is free.

Speaking Suns, Gaptooth Grin and No Plastic Flowers at 9 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. The three local groups will bring a range of genres from pop to indie to the stage Friday night. The show is free.

Saturday

The annual Cruise in at The Convo from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. This will be the eighth year of the car show, which is hosted by the Alumni Varsity Band to support the Marching 110 and Alumni Bands. The event will feature door prizes and awards for participants. Registration is $10.

dadARM and Hellnaw knock your block off at 10 p.m. at Casa Nueva. The two Ohio-based groups are teaming up for a “rowdy” night of rock and funk at the Mexican-inspired eatery. The entertainment is free.

Putt People First’s 2018 Season Opening from noon to 3 p.m. at the Putt People First Miniature Golf Course on South Park Drive. The mini golf course, which provides employment to people with developmental disabilities in the area, will celebrate its opening for the summer with free golf, refreshments and prizes. The event is free.

@adeichelberger

ae595714@ohio.edu