A new trailer was released for 'Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.' (via @FantasticBeasts on Twitter).

New ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’ trailer introduces new character

Voldemort’s slithery friend Nagini will take a new form in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

The final trailer for the movie revealed the Horcrux is actually a Maledictus, a person who has cursed blood and, at some point, will fully turn into a beast. The fully-formed Nagini is what fans see in the Harry Potter series. Actress Claudia Kim was excited to finally announce the name of her character:

The appearance of Nagini is only one easter egg in the trailer. Grindelwald (Johnny Depp) had the Elder Wand, and Dumbledore (Jude Law) peered into the Mirror of Erised. 

Dumbledore and Grindelwald have a complicated history. Dumbledore’s sister, Ariana, was killed in a duel between Grindelwald and himself. Dumbledore was also the person to lock up Grindelwald after the duel in 1945. The two were thought to be friends and they both have connections to the Deathly Hallows, so it will be interesting to see how their relationship plays out.

The second installment takes place in 1927, shortly after Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) and fan-favorite Jacob (Dan Fogler) are returning to help catch Grindelwald. Instead of being set in America, The Crimes of Grindelwald will take place in Paris. 

Fans of the series reacted to the trailer on Twitter: 

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald will hit theaters Nov. 16.

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu