Wendy’s is giving out free Dave’s Singles with purchases; the Marching 110 hired its first female announcer

Today is Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Wendy’s Twitter just got more interesting — and who thought that was possible? 

The fast-food chain tweeted “Y’all want free food?” then responded to it with a promotional deal. For the rest of September, people with the Wendy’s app can get a free Dave’s Single. 

You have to purchase something along with using the promotional code, but who goes to Wendy’s and doesn’t at least get a Frosty or a lemonade? The purchase would be worth the free burger. 

Those in Athens can head to 40 S. Court St., 380 Richland Ave. or 90 E. State St. to get their free burgers.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

The Ohio University Marching 110 hired its first woman announcer. (The Post)

Here are some TV shows you should check out this fall. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s how the first day of hockey tryouts went. (The Post)

Ohio football plays Virginia on Saturday. Here are some facts about UVA. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Pack up your umbrellas. Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 74 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Today is the 17th anniversary of 9/11. To commemorate the anniversary, the skylight at the World Trade Center Transportation Hub in New York City will open again. (Curbed)

U.S. airlines are waiving fees for passengers heading to cities in the path of Hurricane Florence. (USA Today)

NASA is looking to sell naming rights for its equipment to companies. (The Washington Post)

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu