An OUPD vehicle parked outside of Scott Quad. (FILE)

OUPD received anonymous rape report from OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital

The Ohio University Police Department received a report Wednesday of a rape in an unknown OU residence hall.

The anonymous report came from the OhioHealth O’Bleness Hospital after the woman reported the rape to hospital staff. 

At about 8 a.m. Wednesday, the woman said a man she knew touched her without her consent. She told him to stop, but the man continued and used force to engage in sexual conduct, according to the crime alert.

This is the fourth report of sexual assault in Athens since the beginning of OU's Fall Semester, and the third to occur on OU's campus. 

An unknown man pulled a woman into an unknown residence hall either late Saturday night or early Sunday morning and raped her, according to an OUPD report. At about 10:30 Saturday night, a woman was forced into a vehicle, driven to Wray House and raped, according to a second OUPD report. On Sunday, a man sexually assaulted a woman off-campus, according to an Athens Police Department report.

Due to the anonymous nature of this report, OUPD is unable to investigate the case further at this time. If anyone has information regarding this case, you are encouraged to contact OUPD at 740-593-1911.

If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, resources are available for help. For a list of confidential and non-confidential campus or community resources, please visit: ohio.edu/equity-civil-rights/Resources.

@ewagner19

ew047615@ohio.edu