William Matheny to perform in MemAud tonight; Maroon 5 will headline the Super Bowl halftime show

Today is Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018. Here’s what you need to know: 

Good Morning,

Indie rock singer-songwriter William Matheny will perform at 7 p.m. tonight in MemAud.

Matheny, a West Virginia native, was a longtime multi-instrumentalist for the Athens-based band Southeast Engine. He and his touring band logged more than 150 dates over the past year, including a performance at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival in Manchester, Tennessee.

Tickets are $5 for students and $10 for general admission. You can check out Matheny’s YouTube channel here.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Some businesses in Athens are training their employees to prevent sexual assault. (The Post)

Maroon 5 will headline the 2019 Super Bowl halftime show. (The Post)

Dungeons & Dragons has been around for decades, but it still remains popular on campus. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times: 

Hockey player Austin Heakins is rejoining the team after taking last year off. (The Post)

One of Ohio’s cornerbacks, Jalen Fox, is from Cincinnati. He’ll have to take on his hometown football team this weekend. (The Post)

Ohio volleyball is set to play Kent State at 7 p.m. today. (The Post)

Athens Weather 

Partly cloudy with no precipitation and a high of 87 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know:

Sony is releasing a PlayStation Classic console that comes preloaded with 20 retro games. (IGN)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston is being sued by an Uber driver over an alleged sexual assault. (ESPN)

President Donald Trump traveled to the Carolinas to observe the aftermath of Hurricane Florence. (NPR)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu