Mega Millions reaches second-largest jackpot in U.S. history; check out the Homecoming edition of 'The Post'

Today is Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning,

Lottery players still have another chance to win big on Friday night. The Mega Millions reached $868 million on Tuesday night, making it the second-largest jackpot in history, according to USA Today.

While no one matched Tuesday’s winning numbers, California Lottery sold one ticket in San Francisco that matched five numbers. The odds of claiming the jackpot are very long: During Tuesday’s draw, there was a 302,575,350 to 1 chance of taking home the cash. 

Friday’s drawing will take place at 11:00 p.m. Eastern Time, according to the Mega Millions website.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Check out The Post’s landing page featuring stories about Homecoming and its festivities. (The Post)

See what Ohioans are searching for when it comes to the 2018 election. (The Post)

Find a last minute halloween costume as the block party approaches. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s an oral history of Ohio football’s unexpected 2012 win over Penn State. (The Post)

Ohio running back Maleek Irons is back to football after being arrested and suspended from the team in 2017. (The Post)

Ohio’s volleyball team had high expectations for this season. So far, it’s been a letdown. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today should be clear with no precipitation. The high will be 53 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know …

USA Gymnastics’ interim CEO has resigned after five days. (USA Today)

Apple will now let U.S. users download their data. (The Verge)

Netflix Original show Orange is the New Black will end in 2019. (Mashable

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu