Moth meme takes social media by storm; here's what some students and parents did on Parents Weekend

Today is Monday, Oct. 1, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Despite the doom and gloom in the headlines this past week, there was one bright spot that attracted people’s attention and made the week just a bit more bearable. That’s right, the moth meme.

It’s common knowledge that moths love lamps and any source of brightness, but internet users saw a deluge of memes that helped make light of hectic week.

The meme actually originated from a July Reddit post where a user posted a close up picture of a wide-eyed moth outside of their window. If you haven’t seen this trend or you just want to enjoy them some more, here is a thread from BuzzFeed.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Parents joined their Bobcats this weekend. (The Post)

The POWER Act helps to empower survivors of domestic violence by promoting free legal services. (The Post)

Here is whats coming and going on Netflix in October. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio hockey beat John Carroll 11-4 on Saturday night. (The Post)

Here’s what we learned after one weekend of the Bobcats on the ice. (The Post).

Ohio field hockey lost against Drexel over the weekend. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Mostly sunny with a high of 82 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

White House advisor Kellyanne Conway said during an appearance on CNN that she is a victim of sexual assault. (The Washington Post)

For the first time in TV network history, shows with people of color in the lead roles outnumber shows with predominantly white casts. (BuzzFeed)

The death toll from a tsunami in Indonesia rose more than 800 after a 7.5 magnitude earthquake and an 18 foot wave struck the eastern part of the country. (The New York Times)

@ShillcockGeorge

gs261815@ohio.edu