Thursday’s episode of ‘The Good Place’ hints at Eleanor’s sexuality. (Photo via @rollingstone on Twitter)

TV Review: Chidi’s breakup hints at Eleanor’s sexuality on ‘The Good Place’

After finding out in last week’s episode that time is a Jeremy Beriemy, the core four were sent into spiraling confusion. This week, when they decided to accept their fates and move on, there was some unfinished business they had to take care of. 

The group splits up to accomplish some things. One half was Michael (Ted Danson), Tahani (Jameela Jamil) and Jason (Manny Jacinto), who were sent to Jacksonville, Florida, to save Jason’s father, Donkey Doug (Mitch Narito). 

The other half is Chidi (William Jackson Harper), Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Janet (D’Arcy Carden) who are trying to help Chidi break up with Simone (Kirby Howell-Baptiste) so she isn’t doomed to immediate damnation from the knowledge of the afterlife. 

Chidi is nervous about breaking up with Simone, so Janet builds a simulator for Chidi to practice. After multiple tries, he still can’t seem to get it right and decides to just bite the bullet. The breakup doesn’t go the way he plans, but after some actual discussion with Simone they end on good terms. 

“Well, you seem to know what you want, which is rare for you,” Simone said. 

Surprisingly though, the main revelation from Chidi and Simone’s breakup wasn’t the possibility of Cheleanor getting back together. When Chidi is having a hard time breaking up with Simone in the simulator, Eleanor jokingly offers to do it for him.

“Do you want me to break up with her for you like we’re in middle school?” Eleanor said. 

Chidi thinks this might work, so he sends Eleanor into the simulator to talk to Simone. Instead of focusing on the breakup, however, Eleanor and Simone start to get really flirty. This flirtation leads to them almost kissing and yet another clue to Eleanor’s bisexuality. 

The viewers were really into the idea of Eleanor being bisexual the first season when she would make comments about having feelings for Tahani. So, it was no surprise that the fans of The Good Place went wild when Eleanor and Simone shared an intimate moment that almost led to something more.

Here’s how viewers reacted on Twitter: 

The Good Place airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on NBC.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu