Food may fly over Athens in 2021; The Athens Halloween Block Party will only have one stage for performers

Today is Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

For hungry students, the walk from the residence halls on the very back of South Green up to Court Street to grab a burger at Wendy’s or a burrito at Big Mama’s Burritos can be pretty daunting. As early as 2021, Bobcats may be able to stay snuggled in their rooms and wait for their food to be delivered via drone. 

Uber is seeking to launch a fleet of food-delivery drones in as little as three years, according to The Wall Street Journal. Keep an eye out, chicken from Wings Over may actually be flying above Athens in the future. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post 

Are students actually gonna come out to the polls for this midterm election? (The Post)

Horror movies have evolved since Michael Myers first started slashing away 40 years ago. (The Post)

There will only be one stage for performers at the Athens Halloween Block Party this year. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Field hockey transfer Jillian Shive has made a difference for the Bobcats. (The Post)

Meditation helps hockey’s Tom Pokorney cool off, off the ice. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Grab a jacket, it’s going to be chilly yet sunny with a high of 52 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

This hurricane season is the most powerful on record. (USA Today

The #MeToo movement brought down men, and mostly women are taking over their powerful positions. (The New York Times

President Trump said the Saudis committed a “cover-up” with the death of Jamal Khashoggi. (BuzzFeed News

@M_PECKable

mp172114@ohio.edu