Jeff Weaver catches a pancake on his plate during BobcaThon's Dads Weekend pancake breakfast on Nov. 5, 2017. (FILE)

Weekender Briefs: Eat some pancakes with your dad; jam to some psychedelic tunes

Correction appended.

Friday

BareFuzz at 9 p.m. at The Union Bar and Grill, 18 W. Union St. Come see BareFuzz rock out at The Union. This psychedelic rock band from Columbus is sure to bring back some memories for more free-spirited fathers who grew up during the ‘60s.

Admission: $5

90s Night with DJ Barticus at 10 p.m. at Jackie O’s Brewpub and Public House, 22-24 W. Union St. DJ Barticus is going to take people way back with some sweet ‘90s bops. It’s sure to be a night filled with fun and nostalgia.

Admission: Free

Saturday

Dad’s Weekend 4K Pancake Fundraiser at 8 a.m. at Applebee’s Grill and Bar, 547 E. State St. For $5, enjoy three pancakes and a drink, all while supporting OU student Illona Hartman’s 4K for Cancer. 100 percent of the proceeds will support Hartman’s 4,000-mile journey with the Ulman Cancer Fund next summer.

Admission: $5

Dad’s Weekend Casino Extravaganza at 2 p.m. at Walter Hall. Dads and their kids can enjoy a day of gambling together. Snacks, casino table games, a spin wheel, a photo booth, and high-value prizes will all be available.

Admission: Free

Any Colour: Pink Floyd Tribute at 9 p.m. at The Union. Families will be able to bond this weekend over Pink Floyd’s music. Come out to hear the cover band.

Admission: $5

Sunday

Dads Weekend Pancake Breakfast at 10 a.m. at Walter Hall. For just $10, students and their dads can eat some pancakes while raising money for the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio through BobcaThon.

Admission: $10

The Goldsberrys Live from WOUB at 1 p.m. at the Radio Television Building. Come listen to The Goldsberrys perform live on WOUB Public Radio in the listening room. If you can’t make it in person, no need to worry — you can tune it to 91.3 FM to catch their hour-long live set.

Admission: Free

Come Out to Vote at 1 p.m. at the Athens County Board of Elections, 15 S. Court St. Come join Equality Ohio for some early voting in a celebration of LGBTQ identities and the importance of voting. Come flex your democratic muscles by taking full advantage of your rights.

Admission: Free

November Sunday Funday at 3 p.m. at Jackie O’s Taproom, 25 Campbell St. Come finish Dads Weekend strong with a Sunday concert at Jackie O’s, featuring music by Guru Babies, Natural Sway and Smizmar, as well as art by Charlie Haggard.

Admission: Free

Movies to see at the Athena Cinema, 20 S Court St.

Free Solo (rated PG-13): Friday, 5:10 and 9:40 p.m.; Saturday, 2:50, 5:10 and 9:40 p.m., Sunday, 2:50, 5:10, 7:30 and 9:40 p.m.

Mid90s (unrated): 5:05, 7:35 and 9:45 p.m.; Saturday, 2:45, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:45 p.m.; Sunday, 2:45, 5:05, 7:35 and 9:45 p.m.

Monty Python’s Life of Brian (rated R): Saturday, 7 p.m.

The Old Man and the Gun (rated PG-13): Friday, 5:15, 7:25 and 9:35 p.m.; Saturday, 2:55 and 5:15 p.m.; Sunday, 2:55, 5:15, 7:25 and 9:35 p.m.

@morris_wein

mw774315@ohio.edu

Correction: A previous version of this report incorrectly stated which day the Dads Weekend Pancake Breakfast will take place. The article has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.