KFC now offers chicken and waffles on its menu; Transgender Awareness and Solidarity week has begun

Today is Tuesday, Nov. 18, 2018. Here’s what you need to know: 

Good morning, 

A popular brunch delicassee will now be offered at Kentucky Fried Chicken — but only for a limited time. 

Colonel Sanders has finally added “Kentucky Fried Chicken & Waffles” to the menu. The menu item can be enjoyed for brunch, lunch or dinner at an affordable price, according to Andrea Zahumensky, chief marketing officer at KFC U.S.  

“Our famous extra crispy, savory fried chicken atop a Belgian Liege-style waffle, with the finishing touch of classic Mrs. Buttersworth syrup, makes for a scrumptious dish I’d put up against versions at upscale restaurants,” Zahumensky said. 

Available at nearly 4,200 KFC restaurants across the U.S., customers can order the waffles with Extra Crispy fried chicken or Extra Crispy tenders with a side of Mrs. Buttersworth syrup. KFC-goers can also enjoy the waffles in sandwich form for $5.99. 

The scrumptious deal started Nov. 12 and goes through Dec. 31.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Stuart’s Opera House is set to have it’s annual record sale. (The Post)

Yesterday marked the start of Transgender Awareness and Solidarity Week. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio men’s basketball defeated the Campbell Fighting Camels 81-73 last night. (The Post)

Women’s basketball started the season 1-0 after its win against University of North Carolina Wilmington. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Grab a hat and scarf — there’s a 50 percent chance of a rain-snow mix. The high will be 40 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Ariana Grande is the first woman to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 since Adele released “Hello.” (BuzzFeed News

Marvel comics writer and creator Stan Lee died at 95. (Vulture)

A teaser trailer for Toy Story 4 was released. (The Verge)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu