Ohio is the first state to accept bitcoin for tax payments; The Athena Cinema’s Holiday Film Series begins Thursday

Today is Tuesday, Nov. 27, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Cryptocurrency is making its way further into the business world. 

Starting yesterday, businesses in Ohio are now able to pay their taxes with bitcoin. The initiative allows businesses to pay for everything from “cigarette sales taxes to employee withholding taxes,” according to The Wall Street Journal. Ohio is the first state to take up the initiative.

The program is the brainchild of Ohio State Treasurer Josh Mandel, and it marks an attempt to make Ohio more tech-friendly. In fact, Columbus, is home to one of the largest venture capitalist firms, and Cleveland is trying to rebrand into a national tech hub. 

For businesses to take part in the program, they need to go to OhioCrypto.com and register with whatever expenses their hearts desire. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

The Athena Cinema will kick off its Holiday Film Series on Thursday with How The Grinch Stole Christmas. (The Post)

Campus Recreation and Counseling and Psychological Services are teaming up to provide students with more options to relieve stress and anxiety. (The Post)

Here are some possible date ideas for the winter season (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s where Ohio football will possibly play for its bowl game (The Post)

Everything you need to know for the men’s basketball team’s matchup against Iona. (The Post)

Here are some thoughts from the women’s basketball team’s three-game trip to Denver (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s going to be a chilly one. The day will be mostly cloudy with a high of 34 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Oscar-winning director of Last Tango in Paris Bernardo Bertolucci has died. (Vulture)

Camel milk is being brought to the U.S. (CNN)

Russia has opened a civil case against Google due to a lack of removing search results. (Reuters

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu