Sour Patch Kids cereal is coming to Walmart; Politics and Pizza is helping OU Democrats and Republicans facilitate discussion

Today is Friday, Nov. 16, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning,

Instead of being sweet, sour and gone, Sour Patch Kids are hitting the breakfast table. The sugary and sour gummies will be sold in a cereal form, according to USA Today. Customers will only be able to purchase the cereal at Walmart, which will appear on the shelves Dec. 26. One box of the cereal will cost $3.98.

This is not the first time the candy has received a makeover. Sour Patch Kids have also been spotted as ice cream and popsicles

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

The Bax and Chung Piano will be competing in a piano duo and duet competition. (The Post)

Politics and Pizza is helping Ohio University Campus Democrats and Republicans facilitate healthy discussion. (The Post)

Swing State of Mind breaks down gerrymandering and what’s to come after the midterm elections. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

Women’s basketball won 86-49 against the Binghamton Bearcats. (The Post)

Hockey is set to play Lindenwood, the current number one team in the division, this Friday and Saturday. (The Post)

Athens weather

Today will be mostly cloudy with no chance of precipitation. The high will be 44 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know …

The FDA unveiled an anti-tobacco effort to reduce underage vaping and smoking. (The Washington Post)

Netflix is testing a cheaper mobile-only subscription. (The Verge)

Generation Z is entering adulthood as the most racially and ethnically diverse generation yet. (NPR)

@TF_Johnston

tj369915@ohio.edu