Sonic Drive-In is now serving deep-fried Oreos; Kendall Jessing is the mom of the women’s basketball team

Today is Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

While wind chill temperatures are far into the negatives today, that doesn’t mean you can’t find some state or country fair food to remind you of summer. 

If you can’t get enough of deep-fried Oreos at the yearly fair, look no further than Sonic Drive-In for relief.

The retro fast food chain is offering deep-fried Oreos for just $2.99 for a limited time, USA Today reported. 

The treat comes with vanilla ice cream. Cinnabon Cinnasnacks are also available. Sonic says the snacks “create delectable and dippable combinations of hot with cold and gooey with crunchy.”

Sonic isn’t the only restaurant embracing fair food on their menu: Burger King recently added funnel cake fries to its menu.

This isn’t the first time Sonic has had a menu item that breaks norms – the restaurant debuted a pickle juice-flavored slush last year. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Three people died Tuesday after a helicopter crash in Vinton Country. (The Post)

Q&A: Meet former OU student Knox Morris who went from performing in local venues to auditioning for American Idol. (The Post)

Classes are cancelled today for all OU students. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s how senior Kendall Jessing brings the women’s basketball team together (The Post)

Ohio took on Northern Illinois last night. (The Post)

Redshirt freshman Erica Johnson won Mid-American Conference Player of the Week. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Bundle up and stay safe today. It will be clear with a high of 10 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A Facetime bug lets you hear what someone is saying before they pick up their phone. (BuzzfeedNews)

Your phone might not need a battery someday. (The Independent)

Mutant blue-eyed coyotes are everywhere in California, and scientists think the mutation is spreading. (National Geographic)

@Leckronebennett

bl646915@ohio.edu