You can now donate beer to furloughed federal workers; interim LGBT Center director named

Today is Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

If you’re looking for a way to help federal workers affected by the government shutdown, here’s your chance to make an impact — with beer.

The website Pay It Furloughed aims to provide “free liquid therapy” to “stressed out federal employees and contractors” who are currently working without pay. 

You can donate craft beer to a furloughed federal worker for $7.50. As of Wednesday afternoon, more than 1,500 beers had been donated.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Tyrone Carr was named the interim director of the Ohio University LGBT Center following the removal of delfin bautista. (The Post)

The Athens Community Music School is celebrating its 40th anniversary. (The Post)

The Women’s Center and the Career and Leadership Development Center are hosting a workshop Thursday about using gendered language in letters of recommendation. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

The women’s basketball squeaked past Kent State last night, winning 83-81. (The Post)

The men’s basketball team is off to a rough start in conference play. (The Post)

The Athens Bulldogs won their seventh straight conference game Tuesday night. (The Post)

Athens Weather

The weather will be kind of icky today. Expect clouds with likely chance of rain/snow mix and a high of 38 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Several U.S. troops were killed during a suicide bombing in Syria. (The New York Times)

A new Ghostbusters movie is set to premiere in June 2020. (Entertainment Weekly)

A seventh-grade football player was offered a scholarship from the University of Michigan, becoming the youngest person to receive an offer Division I school. (Today)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu